Monday, October 9, 2017

Artisan Club Tool Assistant - Review

Hey plamo nerds! My apologies for the lack of updates on the blog - I've been cramming to finish my GBWC entry for the past few weeks, but now that the Kitsune has been deployed, we're back to regular programming! Today we'll be taking a look at one of the swankiest tool racks ever designed for the plastic model enthusiast: the Artisans Club Tool Assistant!



Click on the Read More link for the rest of this post...




Ever since I moved to my new workstation I've been on a mad hunt for the best ways to organize my tools and materials - even kicking off the Talyer Talk series which focuses on workspace optimization. I got a couple of cantilever toolboxes to keep my tools, but while they served as excellent storage boxes especially when I had to put everything away - they weren't exactly the best for keeping everything visible and at arms reach.

I often found myself digging for the right tool in the middle of a build, and it would really mess up my flow whenever I couldn't locate the tool I needed right away. I started looking up desk organizers and tool racks, and even tried a makeup brush holder - but it didn't quite fit the bill.
I went into forums and asked for some recommendations, and finally found one of the most handsome looking tool holders you will ever find in the plamo market: the Artisans Club Tool Assistant!



I couldn't find more info on "Artisans Club", but if this thing happens to be their one and only product, I'm already a fan of the brand. The tool rack consists of three layers of flexible acrylic, cnc or laser-cut to perfection. Measuring 30cm long and about 10cm wide, it's the perfect centerpiece for any modeler's desk. It comes in either black (which is glossy on one side and matte on the other), and bright yellow.



A pack of high-quality polished metal screws and rods comes in the set, and gives a nice contrast especially with the matte black finish.  I didn't find any assembly instructions in the pack, but it's simple enough to put together with just the allen wrench that is included.







The slots are cleanly cut with no burrs, and the sizes are perfect for plastic modeling tools - including two slots for nippers, and three slots for items with wide blades such as saws, large files, scribing templates or rulers. The double layer prevents the tools from sliding around, so you can grab the whole thing and reposition it on your desk when you need to clear some space without the tools falling out.





If you value your tools as much as your kits, this rack is right up your alley. Godhand nippers and BMC chisels look right at home in this purpose-designed organizer, which also doubles as a handsome display rack for your prized tool collection!





The Artisans Club Tool Assistant is available for preorder at my shop for Philippine based modelers.  Check it out now!




"Nice Rack!"


That's all I have for today, but stay tuned as I've got more tool reviews lined up for the rest of the week! Until next time, keep building plamo!



2 comments:

  1. I'm interested on this product. Do they have a web page for ordering? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. facebook.com/budgetotaku/shop
      for Philippine orders only :)

      Delete